- 1) Provide live chat customer service
- 2) Send abandoned cart emails
- 3) Optimize your site for mobile
- 4) A/B test your web pages
- 5) Provide detailed product descriptions
- 6) Use high-quality images and videos
- 7) Setup user personalization
- 8) Display customer reviews
- 9) Send creative email receipts
- 10) Build trust with your customers
- 11) Make your site easy to navigate
- 12) Remove anything that could distract online shoppers
- 13) Increase user-generated content
According to MerchantCircle, 41% of shoppers abandon shopping carts before checking out. If you’re not optimizing your conversion rate, you’re losing potential sales every day. Unless you’re living under a rock, you’ve probably heard of the importance of conversion rate optimization in your eCommerce business. But if you’re anything like me, it can be difficult to tell what is important and what isn’t—especially when so many factors are involved in getting more conversions!
The good news is that there are several ways to improve your conversion rate without making drastic changes to your website or your business model. I’ve put together this helpful guide to explain how you can improve your conversion rate without much effort or significant financial investment. With these 13 tips, you can enjoy greater profitability while helping the world to be happier and healthier through your products and services!
1) Provide live chat customer service
Providing live chat customer service is a great way to improve your conversion rate. Live chat systems allow customers to quickly and easily communicate with customer service reps.
Customers can ask questions, and you’re able to answer them on the spot. Live chat also provides an opportunity for more complex conversations about the product or order that are easier for customer service reps than customers typing out a message. Conversations can be recorded so that you know the customer’s concerns and how they were addressed, which can help train new employees on handling specific inquiries.
Live chat also enables you to have more personalized interactions with your customers, making them feel valued as a person rather than just another number on your list of orders or contacts.
2) Send abandoned cart emails
Abandoned cart emails are a great way to get customers who abandon their cart or don’t purchase back into the buying cycle. These emails are sent automatically and typically have a discount offer or other incentive, such as an exclusive coupon.
Abandoned cart emails can be set up with all major shopping carts, including Shopify, Magento, Bigcommerce, and Weebly. Here are some helpful tips on how to write abandoned cart emails:
- Don’t make the email too promotional – instead, focus on making it useful information. The recipient has already made it through the checkout process, so they’re more likely to open your email than if you were just sending them ads. If they do open your email, this is when you want to include something that will bring them back to the site.
- An effective technique is putting together content that solves their problems. For example, If you didn’t buy what we had in store for you earlier today, click here and see our latest additions!
- Abandoned cart emails work best when targeted at specific segments of potential customers rather than one general message.
3) Optimize your site for mobile
A poorly optimized site for mobile will only hurt your conversion rate. Mobile users are looking for quick information and don’t want to wait while they browse your site. If your site isn’t optimized for mobile, you will see a higher bounce rate because the user didn’t get what they wanted. Optimize your site for mobile by making sure it’s responsive and has a fast loading time on all devices.
4) A/B test your web pages
A/B testing your web pages is a great way to figure out what is working and what isn’t. If you have a lot of visitors but not enough sales, it might be because of the design. A/B testing your web pages can help you get more conversions from your website traffic by optimizing the design and simplifying the navigation process.
Just try changing one element at a time, such as the font style or color, and track how it affects your conversion rate. You will likely find a few changes that dramatically increase conversions.
5) Provide detailed product descriptions
Provide detailed product descriptions. If you have a video, make sure it includes a zoom-in and zoom-out. Make sure your images are professional quality and include descriptive copywriting. This is especially important for online shoppers who cannot touch or smell the product before they buy it.
They rely on what’s written on the screen to help them decide whether they want to purchase an item. It’s also important to run a store with low stock inventory where customers can’t always find exactly what they’re looking for. The more information you provide about each product, the more likely customers will be able to find what they need and convert it into sales.
6) Use high-quality images and videos
Images and videos are much more engaging than just a text-heavy site. Make sure you’re using high-quality images that capture the essence of your product. Include a video if possible too!
People will be able to see, feel, and hear your products in action, making them much more desirable. They’ll also have a better idea of what they’re getting before they buy it. If someone’s about to buy an expensive item like an expensive car, for example, they might want to take it for a test drive or at least get up close so they know how big or small the car is.
The same goes with buying clothes online: people want to see how things look on different body types. It’s easy enough for people to check out their own clothing size at home but when there’s something else involved like buying pants, some people want to see how those would fit with their particular waist size.
Show your customers exactly what they’re going to get with high-quality images and videos so they don’t have any doubts about whether or not this is what they really wanted in the first place.
7) Setup user personalization
Today, user personalization is a crucial part of the conversion process. Studies have shown that it increases conversion rates by up to 2%. When your website or marketing campaign can tailor messages and offers to a specific person, the customer feels like they are being acknowledged and respected.
8) Display customer reviews
Many people are hesitant about buying from a website that does not have reviews or any feedback. This is why all e-commerce stores must display customer reviews on their website. Displaying customer reviews can also be a great way of getting testimonials and referral customers. It can also help you solve the issue of selling products online which cannot be seen before purchase.
For example, clothes should include models wearing them so that potential customers know what they look like in person, instead of just seeing an image online. Furthermore, displaying reviews will show new visitors the most popular products your store offers and which items they might enjoy most.
9) Send creative email receipts
You can also send your customers creative email receipts. This is a great way of providing information on the product they purchased and other relevant content that could be of use to them.
For example, if you sold a laptop computer and knew the customer would likely want an external hard drive for backing up files, you could include instructions for buying an external hard drive in your email receipt.
You might also include articles about keyboard shortcuts for people who just bought a laptop or safety tips for laptop users. You can even direct them back to the page where they purchased the laptop so they can register it with the warranty. The possibilities are endless!
10) Build trust with your customers
Building trust with your customers is one of the best ways to improve your conversion rate. You can ensure they know who you are and why they should trust you. Showing evidence that your company is credible, like showing off awards or testimonials from happy customers, will also help.
Maintaining a blog on your website about new products or tips for using the site can also give people an insider look at what’s going on behind-the-scenes. With all these options, it’s easy to find ways to build trust with potential customers and increase your conversion rate.
Also Read: Top Software Outsourcing Companies in India
11) Make your site easy to navigate
One of the simplest and most effective ways to improve your site’s conversion rate is to make it easy to navigate. If your site is cluttered and difficult to browse, customers are less likely to stay on your site as long as they would otherwise be. In addition, if your site’s navigation is confusing or not intuitive, customers will get frustrated and not be able to find what they’re looking for.
In frustration, they may even click the back button or abandon their shopping cart altogether. One way you can help alleviate these problems is by ensuring that all links are visible on the page – don’t place any important links in a sidebar or down in a footer where customers will have trouble finding them!
12) Remove anything that could distract online shoppers
Here are some tips you can follow:
- Use a clear, professional design with a clean layout and avoid using any complex fonts or colors that could be off-putting.
- Keep the content on your website concise and simple – anything too long will get skimmed over and missed by visitors.
- Use descriptive headlines and include keywords in your text that are related to your niche so they can easily find what they are looking for.
- Be sure you have plenty of white space on the page so it is easy for visitors to read through the content on their screen without feeling overwhelmed by images or text cluttering the page, which can turn them away from your site faster than you know it!
- Include a call to action button on your website that leads shoppers straight to the checkout. 6. Put up testimonials and reviews about products/services that you offer so customers feel more confident about making an investment into your business.
- Focus heavily on search engine optimization and ensure all pages across your website have relevant, keyword-rich titles and descriptions so Google knows where all of your pages are located for quick access when users conduct searches
- Make sure you use trustworthy logos, badges or certifications that show buyers how safe they can feel shopping online with you.
13) Increase user-generated content
Utilize user-generated content to help consumers purchase with confidence. For example, YouTube allows users to upload videos that promote a product. This can be a helpful tool for boosting trust and credibility.
Other sites like Pinterest are also effective in generating user-generated content. They allow users to create boards of images related to products or brands and pin their favorite photos from other sources on the board. These boards serve as an excellent marketing resource for companies because they can see what kind of things their customers love about them or their products. This information helps shape the company’s marketing efforts going forward.
I hope these ideas have shown you the potential for improvement and helped you focus on what you can do right now to make a difference. Remember, conversion rate optimization is never finished. Constantly work on improving your site and testing new ways of doing things. Keep experimenting with different solutions, and you will eventually find the one that resonates with your customers! The key is not to give up; keep testing until you find something that converts. You can also hire eCommerce developers in India to ensure that you get the best website with a high conversion rate.